2019s Best Brushes For Effective Wood Staining
If you love DIY projects, then you might come across a wood staining task in the future. To prepare for this, you need to make sure that you have the right tools. Experts believe that a good end-product would depend on the materials that you utilize, especially when it comes to wood staining brushes. There are lots of options to choose from and picking the best might be a problem. So here are some tips on how to do that, and the top-selling brushes this 2019.
Wood Staining – What Brush Should I Use?
Once you have decided on a finish that you are going to use for a wood-staining project, the next thing that you need to do is to choose a brush. However, you might want to ask yourself if what type of brush would you need to use for a stain? Will a rag do the job? Here are some tips that can help:
- The Basics. You need a high-quality brush. Brushes can cost you a couple of dollars or more. But you have to remember that a better brush means a better finish. A good brush can carry more stain to make you finish the job quicker. There will also be lesser runs and drips. Brushes made of high-quality materials will have no falling off bristles that can ruin the finish. You will also have fewer problems when cleaning and storing the brush. They will also last longer.
- The Stain. Whether you are using a bristle brush, a foam brush, or maybe a cloth, that will really depend on you. Most painters use a bristle brush because they provide a smoother finish while others prefer a foam brush or just a rag. Stain can be applied using either of these three. It is best if you experiment and see if which one works best for you.
- The Top Coat. Once you have applied the stain and your project now looks nicely stained and styled, it is time to seal it. It is important that you use a high-quality brush in this part because you will need to apply the top finish coat. This is where your fancy brush comes in handy. You need to achieve a smooth finish and without a good brush, that would be impossible. As a rule of thumb in finishes, use a synthetic brush if you prefer a water-based finish. For an oil-based finish, opt for the natural bristle brush.
Top 2 Staining Wood Brush For Your 2019 DIY Project
According to reviews online, there are two brushes that stand out this 2019 – the Perduka DECK BOSS and the Wooster Bravo Stainer. Let us go ahead and see which would be perfect for your need and preference.
- Perdura DECK BOSS. This fine brush is perfect if you have to stain a full floor or deck. This is a 7-inch brush that makes it easier for you to stain, paint, and also seal projects with ease. Its size is one reason why a job can finish faster compared to other brushes.
- Wooster Brave Stainer. This is a 4-inch brush which is one of the top choices in the market these days. It promises you excellent and consistent results, especially with oil-based wood stain.
Now that you have all the information that you need for your next wood staining project, make sure that you take into consideration the tips mentioned above. Also, choose from the top 2 choices if you are looking for a high-quality wood staining brush.