Home»Home Improvement»Choices for Your Deals in Underfloor Heating

Choices for Your Deals in Underfloor Heating

0
Shares
Pinterest Google+

Now mount the clips on the copper strip, which should be insulated with bituminous insulation.It is also necessary to isolate all the silver contacts.At the end of the film it is fixed with tape so that it does not move during the laying of the linoleum.

Now mount the thermostat, which will allow you to check the temperature. Installation is performed so that it has no access to small children.It is recommended to hide the sliding wire from the film to the thermostat in the gate.The connection is made according to the scheme by the manufacturer on the packaging. With Underfloor Insulation Manchester this is the smartest detail for you.

It is important not to forget to install the temperature sensor under the film and connect it to the thermostat.The advantages associated with the isolation of one’s own home are numerous:

  • Save energy. Reduce the energy consumption of buildings by up to 60% through effective insulation.
  • Participate in protecting the environment by reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
  • Have better comfort all year round: cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
  • Enhance your real estate assets when renting or selling the house (energy certification of buildings).

Where is it necessary to isolate?

As in the case of a colander, it is useless to plug 80% of the holes if everything else can escape from the remaining 20%. At home the logic is the same. It is better to isolate moderately anywhere rather than very much in one place.

However, thermal dispersion is not the same for all walls. The warm air, being lighter than the cold one (convection phenomenon), goes upwards, while the cold air downwards. The roof is therefore the wall most exposed to the risks of heat loss.

It is important to use an airtight insulation, especially on the walls of less new buildings, often permeable to air.

What is thermal resistance (R)?

The thermal resistance R D of an insulator is defined by the ratio between its thickness (s) and its coefficient of thermal conductivity (λ) expressed in m².K / W.

The greater the R D, the more the material is conventionally considered as an insulator.

The conditions to which the insulators are subjected at the time of their qualification in the laboratory are very different compared to the installation conditions. To guarantee the installed performance it is necessary to take into consideration other very important parameters, such as the tightness of the insulation system.

How to isolate?

Insulation from the inside into the roof is generally chosen in the event of renovation, for the transformation of the attics without remaking the roof or for uninhabitable attics (on the floor or under the ceiling). Insulation from the outside is to be preferred at the time of a roof overhaul. This allows completing the continuity of the insulation to reduce the risk of thermal bridges.

The insulation from inside the walls is privileged when it is difficult to intervene on the facade. Generally this is done at the time of construction. It is therefore necessary to foresee it in the project from the beginning, paying attention to the recommended solution. The insulation from the outside allows to effectively treat thermal bridges. The drawback is the loss of the original architecture.

In all cases the insulation must be continuous on the whole of the treated surface and special care must be given to the joints between walls to limit thermal bridges.

Previous post

Why should you Hire a Painter?

Next post

Best Choices for the Perfect Electrician Options Now