What to consider when selecting an Electric Lawn Dethatcher?
A dethatcher is a device that removes thatch from lawns and thatch is nothing but a layer of dead grass, leaves, stems, and roots above the soil surface. This machine is also known as a lawn scarifier.
Managing thatch is crucial to maintain a healthy lawn. Heavy thatch in a lawn creates a negative impact and it leads to bugs and disease and absorbs more water. Dethatching can be done either mechanically or manually, but using a lawn dethatcher makes the process faster and more effective.
There are two basic types of dethatchers namely reel mowers and rotary mowers. You can easily work with reel mowers and its basic design remains the same. Rotary mowers include gas-powered or electric push mowers, riding lawn tractors and new robotic electric mowers.
A powered or electric lawn dethatcher is an excellent choice for thatch removal. These machines are powered by electric motors and resemble lawn mowers. They have adjustable blades and bottom and some of the machines contain several height and width settings.
There are a great number of lawn dethatchers available in market and finding the right dethatcher that matches your needs might be a difficult task. The most important thing in selecting a lawn mower is to match the mower to your lawn. You can pick the suitable product for your lawn by going through some factors:
- Comfortable – The very first thing you have to look when buying a lawn dethatcher is easy to use. So consider a dethatcher with multiple depth positions.
- Durability – The next thing to take into account is the longevity of machine. Go for dethatcher with a powerful electric motor which requires very little time, money, or effort to look after them.
- Quality – Another important thing to keep in mind while choosing a lawn dethatcher machine is quality. You need to have a look at the quality of blade, motor, and body of the machine.
- Effortless – If you do not want to work hard, then look for a dethatcher that comes with spare blades. With a thatch catching bag, it is easy for you to collect the thatch and dump it into waste.
- Versatility – Adding accessories to your lawn mower can maximize your lawn tractor and use it for snow blowing, grading gravel, dethatching, hauling, shredding, plowing and more.
In addition to these characteristics of a machine, it is also necessary for you to examine the thickness and severity of thatch in your lawn so that you can figure out the best electric dethatcher. Considering the above factors when selecting an electric lawn dethatcher will help you to choose the right machine for maintaining your lawn easily.